By completing this Award you will be able to perform eight of the following skills
a width is equivalent to 8 metres
- Jump into water of at least full reach depth.
- Swim four widths without a pause using any stroke or strokes.
- Submerge in shallow water and retrieve an object from the pool bottom using both hands.
- Tread water out of standing depth using arms and/or legs for 20 seconds.
- Swim two widths on the front demonstrating good technique.
- Swim two widths on the back demonstrating good technique.
- Swim a minimum of 10 metres showing three changes of direction without touching the side or bottom of the pool.
- Scull head first for 5 metres.
- Swim through a hoop submerged in water of shoulder depth.
- Swim continuously for one minute using two different strokes and with good style.