By completing this Award you will be able to perform eight of the following skills
a width is equivalent to 8 metres
- Enter shallow water unaided from a standing or sitting position without the use of steps.
- Submerge the head completely and blow out under water for a minimum of three seconds.
- Hold a tucked floating position for a minimum of five seconds (this may be on the front or back with the face submerged or kept out of the water).
- Swim one width on the front using a crawl-type front paddle propulsive action.
- Swim one width on the back using a crawl-type leg action.
- Swim one width on the front or back using breaststroke type action.
- Swim one width full stroke on the front or the back with arm recovery over the water.
- Demonstrate a flat upright or upright floating position for 20 seconds.
- Demonstrate a 360 degrees turn or roll – from a flat or upright position without making contact with the pool bottom.
- Swim two widths without pausing using any stroke or strokes.