Preliminary Safety Awards
Preliminary Safety Skills Award outcomes
- Enter water with a swivel entry, walk five metres away from the side, turn through 180° and return to the side.
- Jump into shoulder depth water, turn to hold the side, travel hand over hand to the steps and climb out.
- Enter the water of at least full reach depth with a swivel entry and hold the side; remove both hands from the side and rotate through 360°, hold side and exit the water.
- Enter water of at least full reach depth with a swivel entry; hold the side with one hand; release the hand and tread water for 10 seconds; exit the water.
- Travel five metres on the front; rotate onto the back and kick five metres to the side.
- Travel five metres away from the side and without touching the bottom show a vertical position for three seconds before travelling back to the side.
- In shoulder depth water and without touching the side fully submerge the head showing confidence and control.